DC Supervisor APPLY NOW
At Strandbags, our mission is to create the world’s most loved destination for the perfect bag. We are on a journey to continuously grow our brand and to celebrate life’s journeys and adventures, big and small.
Strandbags has been a leading retailer of luggage, handbags and backpacks since 1927. With almost 300 stores across Australia and New Zealand, and a growing online business, we offer an amazing range of leading brand and own-brand bags. We have the best selection, experience and expertise to suit everyone’s needs.
It is an extremely exciting time to join the business, with huge growth and expansion on the horizon. Our Distribution Centre in Erskine Park plays a key role in the execution of our business strategy, and we are looking for a highly experienced DC SUPERVISOR.
- Assist with the accuracy and timely receiving, picking, sortation, quality control and staging of all stock through efficient and structured daily planning.
- Assist the DC in all aspects of warehouse Inbound and outbound picking operations.
- Ensuring that all documentation and orders are prepared and delivered to the department 24 hours prior to picking of goods, or in a timely manner.
- Ensure all stock is correctly scanned for put-away, picking, sortation, and loading.
- Liaise with the Team Leader, where required, regularly to ensure freight is staged and ready for loading through strong collaboration and communication to meet set KPI’s
- Assist the Team Leader where necessary to ensure the freight, PID’s and loads are accurate and processed correctly.
- Mange stick movement
- Maintain all measures and activities are in place to ensure that all picks are completed in the appropriate timeframes.
- Assist with maintaining a high level of safety and CoR compliance when loading vehicles and in all operational activities
- Ensure all damaged product, rubbish or incorrect SKU’s from aisles are moved to the appropriate areas and scanned accordingly.
- Assist the Distribution Centre Manager with continuous improvement projects.
- Manage and monitor returns including receiving, put-away and picking to ensure they comply with established quality standards
- Ensure warehouse locations are clearly identifiable.
- Ensure repairs (warehouse/suppliers) are carried out promptly and on time. These need to be signed off by Distribution Centre Manager.
- Develop, implement, and monitor processes and procedures to reduce stock shrinkage and damage, inventory accuracy, pick and despatch accuracy and transport utilisation.
- Experience in a similar role as a dc Supervisor
- Numeric accuracy, attention to detail and initiative
- Organisational and problem-solving skills
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Energetic and customer focused team player
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multitask
- Good MS Office skills
- Experience working within an automated FMCG environment
- Experience supervising employees within a unionized site
We are customer obsessed, we put people first and we are always improving. We value ownership and trust, and we always deliver results.
It’s an exciting time to join our brand as we continue to grow and explore new opportunities. If your keen to join a company that values its people and where you can make a real difference, then apply now.2022-05-17|||Erskine Park NSW|||||||||bZPuO.taHUy0n-UB|||FULL_TIME|||AUD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false