Click here to shop Amercian Tourister!
Terms and Conditions:
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Samsonite Australia & New Zealand (on behalf of American
Tourister Australia & New Zealand) ‘Strandbags Consumer Promotion’ Competition (the “Competition”):
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
1. The Competition is run by Samsonite Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 310 063 63 248) of 5 Anzed Court, Mulgrave
Victoria 3170. Telephone (03) 9549 3444.
2. The Competition opens at 00.01am (AEST) on Thursday 26th September, 2019 (the “Opening Date”) and
closes at 23.59pm (AEST) on Wednesday 16th October, 2019 (the “Closing Date”).
3. The Competition prize and rewards consists of:
Five nights in Hawaii valued up to $5,000 AUD/$5,000 NZD.
Includes flights and accommodation.
Daily winners of a $100 Visa Gift Card (21 Days)
4. In order to gain successful entry into the competition, the Entrants will need to do the following.
a) Purchase any American Tourister product from any Strandbags store (excluding Direct Factory
Outlets stores) or through www.strandbags.com.au / www.strandbags .co.nz during the Promotional
b) Be a member of the Strandbags loyalty program or join whilst making the purchase.
All loyalty members who have purchased an American Tourister product during the promotional period will
automatically go into the draw to win major and minor prizes.
5. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per specified
purchase requirement (one (1) entry per transaction); and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in
accordance with entry requirements.
6. Entry to the competition is based on purchase. Entrants must retain the original or photocopy of their
Strandbags purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for
all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an
entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of
purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period.
7. The draw will take place at Strandbags Group Pty Limited offices, Level 1, 2 Minna Close, Belrose NSW 2085
at 10.00 am (AEDST) on Monday 21st October 2019. The winner will be notified by phone or email within two
(2) business days of the draw. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winners’ details will be published on Friday 1st November 2019 via the strandbags.com.au /
9. The prize winner shall be randomly chosen based on a game of chance, which shall be randomly drawn by a
representative of Strandbags Australia. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entry to the competition will be deemed not valid if the transaction made during the competition period
has been reversed, by way of a return.
11. The Competition is only open to Entrants currently residing in Australia and New Zealand and are aged 18
years or over. The Competition is specifically closed to employees of Samsonite Australia, any associated
companies, their agencies and their immediate families and anyone else connected with the creation and
administration of the promotion.
12. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are
ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or
step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt,
niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
13. There is no limit on the number of entries per person but it must comply with how many American
Tourister products purchased from Strandbags at once (1 receipt = 1 entry with an American Tourister product
purchase on it). No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Third party or
bulk entries will not be accepted and entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
14. Your entry must not disparage American Tourister or any other party affiliated with the promotion or
administration of the Competition. Samsonite Australia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify
any entry which it believes is in breach of this clause.
15. Samsonite Australia and Strandbags Australia & New Zealand does not accept any responsibility for any
Entries not being properly recorded or received. Samsonite Australia and Strandbags Australia & New Zealand
does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem which results
in any Entries not being properly recorded or received.
16. Purchase of any American Tourister product from Strandbags is necessary in order to take part in this
17. A major prize of a trip to Hawaii inclusive of flights and accommodation and the minor prizes consisting of
a daily $100 VISA Card each week (for the duration of 21 days).
Total value of all prizes (major and minor) for the consumer competition = $7,100 AUD / $7,100 NZD
18. The Competition will have 22 Prize Winners. The winners will be chosen based on game of chance/random
selection. The draw will take place at Strandbags Group Pty Limited offices, Level 1, 2 Minna Close, Belrose
NSW 2085 at 10.00 am (AEDST) on Monday 21st October 2019. The winner will be notified within two (2)
business days of the draw. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Winners shall be initially contacted by e-mail and telephone. All Winners are given three (3) months to
claim their prize. If the winners do not respond within this time, Strandbags Group Pty Limited reserves the
right to select another winner from the remaining eligible entries. A draw for any unclaimed prizes, will take
place at 11am on Tuesday 21st January 2020, at Strandbags Group Pty Limited offices, Level 1, 2 Minna Close,
Belrose NSW 2085, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner(s), if any, will be notified
by telephone and email.
20. All prize winners must present proof of purchase via their Strandbags receipt in order to claim their prize.
21. Strandbags Group Pty Limited will contact each winner with further details on how to claim their prize
following the announcement of each winner. Samsonite Australia will arrange for delivery of the Prize to each
winner at an agreed Australian or New Zealand address. Once each winner has been notified please allow
twenty-eight (28) days for delivery from the winner announcement date.
All winners will be published on the Strandbags Australia website (http://www.strandbags.com.au/ and
www.strandbags.co.nz) by Friday 25th October 2019. All re-draw winners will be published on the Strandbags
Australia website (http://www.strandbags.com.au/) by Tuesday 28th January 2020.
22. Samsonite Australia shall not be liable for any claims or complaints of any nature with respect to the Prize.
There is no cash alternative and the Prize is not negotiable, transferable or returnable.
23. The Winners agree not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purposes
(including the Prize on an internet auction site).
24. By entering this Competition, Entrants expressly authorise Samsonite Australia and Strandbags Australia
and New Zealand, without further consideration, to transmit, reproduce, communicate and broadcast Entries
on Samsonite Australia & New Zealand’s social media channels for the purposes of presenting and promoting
the Competition (“Marketing”).
25. By entering this Competition, Entrants expressly confirm that they are at least 18 years of age and
understand and agree the promotion terms and conditions.
26. VISA Card is valid for up to 12 months from the day it is issued. Entrants must adhere to VISA card Terms &
27. The Winners agree to take part in post-Competition publicity at the request of Samsonite. By entering the
Competition, Entrants agree to Samsonite’s unrestricted use of any post-Competition publicity for Samsonite’s
own purposes in all activities, without limitation, marketing and promotional activities worldwide including use
on the Samsonite’s and Strandbags websites and social media channels.
28. Information regarding personal data provided in the Entry will be held and processed in a database for the
purpose of managing entry into the Competition. The information will not be used for any other purpose than
as stated in these Terms & Conditions or as separately accepted by you. If you have opted in to receive
communications from Samsonite Australia or any other party then your personal data may be used by them
for such purposes, including direct marketing.
29. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an
entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions
may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage
does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
30. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to invalidate any entries which it reasonably suspects have
been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to
personal details and contact information that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities,
email addresses or accounts.
31. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid
32. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion,
to determine the identity of the entrant.
33. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions
from a relevant regulatory authority.
35. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element
of the prize) then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited. If any prize (or part of any prize) is
unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize)
with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory
36. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash,
unless otherwise specified.
37. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness and image in the event they are a winner
(including photograph) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed
and/or supplied by the Promoter.
38. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably
anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to
technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion,
to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from
a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
39. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify
the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other
implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of
Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the
Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all
liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
40. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all
liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or
equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or
third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether
or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a
winner or entrant; or (f) participation in a prize.
41. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form
required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal
release and indemnity form.
42. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose,
disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers,
prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. By providing your email address, you
grant the promoter, Samsonite Australia and prize partners the right to send you promotional email messages.
Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless
otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes,
including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt
out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
43. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
44. Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the
1998 Data Protection Act.
45. Subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, Samsonite Australia & New Zealand reserves
the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.